Double-Devil Chocolate Crunch Cookies
The devil himself would find this recipe heavenly. The rich chocolate taste and satisfying coconut are a winning combination. Just be sure to avoid cake mixes with pudding for this recipe.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil’s food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs in a bowl and mix completely. Gently fold pecans and coconut into batter.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove when cookies are set but still a bit soft in the center.
- Place one chocolate kiss on each cookie. When it melts, spread to create a chocolate coating on the cookie’s top.
- Transfer cookies immediately to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.