Dressed-Up Macaroni and Cheese
This dinner can be whipped up in a few minutes, and it feeds three people generously for very little cost.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add macaroni from package and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain macaroni and return to pot.
- Stir in powdered mix from package, cooked onions with butter, milk, mustard, and peas and stir until sauce is creamy and mixture is hot.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serve immediately.