Dried Cherry Granola Cups with Greek Yogurt and Berries
Granola is one of those breakfast and snack items that a lot of people buy, which is a shame because it’s one of the simplest things in the world to make at home. Throw together some oats, your favorite additions, a little bit of fat and pop it into the oven – you’ve got yourself an easy, healthy breakfast that lasts all week.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant oats
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plus ⅛ cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a standard sized muffin tin with coconut or canola oil spray.
- Stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, dried cherries and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Warm the coconut oil, butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the oil and butter are melted. Remove from the stove and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Evenly divide the granola between the muffin cups and use your fingers or a spoon to firmly push the granola to the bottom and up the sides of the tins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cups are just slightly golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then use a butter knife to gently work them out.
- Fill with Greek yogurt and top with berries.