Drizzled Chocolate Mint Bars
A made-for-each-other flavor combination, chocolate and mint pair up in this recipe for a delicious spin on ordinary dessert bars.
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Old Fashioned Oats, quick cooking
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed bear-shape chocolate graham snack cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Mint, snipped (optional)
- Line an 8”x8” baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of the pan.
- For crust, place oats in a food processor; cover and pulse several times until finely ground. In a medium saucepan combine half of the chocolate chips and the butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in oats, crushed cookies, cocoa powder, milk and salt. Press crust mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- In same saucepan combine remaining chocolate chips and shortening. Heat and stir over low heat until melted. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese and peppermint extract; stir until smooth. Spread topping evenly over crust; drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Chill about 1 hour or until drizzle is set (cream cheese layer will remain soft). If desired, sprinkle with fresh mint. Holding foil edges, lift uncut bars from pan; cut into 16 squares.