Dry-Rub Sausages with Peppers
This is a different and unique way to serve traditional grilled sausages. This works well with Cajun or Jamaican jerk seasoning.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 uncooked, mild Italian sausage links
- 2 Tbsp. spicy dry-rub mix
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Rub the sausages all over with the rub mix.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages until no longer pink in the center, about 12 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the sausages to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and stir. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages and any accumulated juices back to the pan. Cook until the sausages are heated through, about 2 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.