Duchess Heart Potatoes
Decorative and delicious – these cute potatoes will be the star of your Galentine’s Day soirée!
Serves: 12Prep: 35 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup Half & Half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- Paprika, to garnish
- Fresh chives or parsley, to garnish
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 2” chunks. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1” of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on medium-low heat until tender. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot. Heat the potatoes over medium-low heat while stirring often to dry out the potatoes, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the half-and-half, butter, salt and pepper to the potatoes and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir the egg yolks into the potatoes.
- Transfer potato mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip. Pipe the potatoes into heart shapes onto the prepared backing sheet. Lightly spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the hearts with paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Garnish with chives or parsley. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.