Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies (Alfajores de Dulce de Leche)
If you like dulce de leche, these cookie sandwiches are certainly for you. Rich, creamy filling sits between two homemade sugar cookies – but it doesn't stop there! The sweet treats are then dipped into melted chocolate and sprinkled with coconut for a dessert that's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Serves: 22Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate morsels
- 1 can (7.6 oz.) Nestlé® Media Crema
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin D Whole Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) La Lechera® Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour to make dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until ¼” thick. Cut cookies with 2” round cutter; place cookies on baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until edges are light brown. Cool on rack.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt morsels. Stir in crema and milk.
- On bottom cookie, spread 1½ tablespoons dulce de leche; place second cookie on top. Dip half the sandwich into chocolate glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut.