Dutch Oven Risotto
You can add vegetables or meat to this dish as you see fit. About 2 cups of meat or vegetables should be the right balance.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Place a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once it is heated through, add the oil and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent but not brown.
- Add the rice to the Dutch oven and stir constantly until the rice loses its chalky appearance and has just a small white dot in the center of each grain. Add the wine, stirring continually for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock to the Dutch oven 1 cup at a time and stir almost continually until the stock has been soaked up by the rice. After you’ve added 6 cups of stock to the pan, taste it to determine if it is done. Add stock ½ cup at a time until the rice is tender but not pasty. Stir in the cheese and taste before adding salt and pepper. Serve warm.