Easiest Scalloped Potatoes Ever
Scalloped or au gratin potatoes are easier than you think. Use the same ratio if you want to make a bunch for a crowd. Try out potatoes another way, with our traditional Potato Latkes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange potato slices in a small ovenproof casserole dish so the mixture is about 2 inches thick. Mix cream, garlic, rosemary, salt, and cracked pepper in a small bowl. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. The potatoes will be fork tender and the top will be well browned. Rest the casserole in a warm place for about 15 minutes before serving to allow the cream to settle back into the potatoes.