Easy Apple Pie Trifles
Need a dessert on the fly? This is it! The ease of using waffles and canned apple pie filling make this dessert a breeze—and perfect for lazy evenings. Save any leftover waffles for tomorrow’s breakfast!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 5 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup less 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- In a small bowl, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon until peaks form, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg then add milks and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Use the batter to prepare 2 waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Cut each waffle into 4 pieces. Top each waffle piece with equal amounts of apple pie filling and cinnamon whipped cream. Serve immediately.