Easy Apple Strudel
Frozen phyllo dough and cooking spray make this dessert a pleasure to make.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup brandy
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, defrosted
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Soak the raisins in the brandy for 10 minutes. Sauté the apples in the butter until softened. Add the raisins and brandy, and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay out 1 sheet of dough and spray with the cooking spray, and repeat the process until all 6 sheets are stacked on top of one another.
- Place the apple mixture at the bottom of the sheets, and roll up the sheets like a jelly roll. Tuck in the edges and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray the top of the strudel and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Let cool, and dust with the powdered sugar.