Easy Baked Apple Casserole
Sweet apple slices are covered with a buttery crisp topping in this simple casserole. It’s like an apple pie without the crust!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (20 oz.) sliced apples, drained
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a loaf pan.
- Mix the apples, 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, apple pie spice, 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, 1⁄4 cup flour, and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl and stir well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pam.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 3⁄4 cup flour, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, and 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.