Easy Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
When the night calls for comfort food, cook up this easy classic. Tender chicken breasts on a bed of fluffy rice mixed with broccoli and carrots is a one-dish meal that suits everyone’s appetites. Serve with cool, crisp Gold Peak Iced Tea for absolute perfection.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half diagonally
- 1⁄3 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 pound (4 oz. each) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 11”x8”x2” baking dish, stir together soup, water, rice, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, broccoli and carrots.
- Place chicken on rice mixture. Season chicken with additional black pepper and sprinkle with paprika. Cover baking dish.
- Bake 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Top with cheese. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir rice mixture before serving.