Easy Bakery-Style Cinnamon Rolls
Make delicious cinnamon rolls at home using store-bought pizza dough.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup plus 4 Tbsp. softened butter, divided
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Spread the pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- To make the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread 1⁄3 cup butter all over the dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly over the surface of the dough. Roll the long side of the dough up like you would a jelly roll.
- Cut dough into 12 even slices and line up in a baking dish. Bake rolls for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and salt. Blend well with an electric mixer until fluffy. Spread the icing over the warm rolls.