This soup can be enjoyed hot or cold. For a heartier version, increase the broth to 3 cups and add 2 boiled potatoes.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup julienned canned beets
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh dill
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion. Sauté 5 minutes until tender, then add the carrots, beets, beef broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Top with sour cream and dill to serve.