Easy Carrot Cake
This homemade carrot cake can be thrown together quickly and served from the baking pan.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen honey-glazed carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- Thaw carrots in butter sauce. Place in a food processor work bowl along with raisins. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to remove any lumps. Add oil and beat with mixer on medium speed until blended. Add eggs 1 at a time and mix until batter is creamy. Pour into greased 9" x 13" pan and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, mix together cream cheese and butter, beating until smooth. Slowly add sifted confectioners’ sugar, beating until mixture is fluffy and all sugar is blended. Add vanilla. Frost cooled cake and sprinkle chopped pecans over the frosting.