Easy Cheese Puffs
These little appetizers, called gourgères in French, will melt in your mouth. Make cream puff dough and mix it with mascarpone and shredded Cheddar cheese before baking into little balls.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and butter and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add salt and flour and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture forms a ball and cleans the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg, beating well to incorporate. Add mascarpone and Cheddar cheese and beat until mixture is well blended.
- Drop teaspoonful-size scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.