Easy Chicken Lo Mein
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ⅛ tsp. Minor’s Low Sodium Chicken Base
- ½ cup water
- 2 packages (10 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. freeze-dried shallots
- 1 lb. cooked dark and light meat chicken
- ⅛ cup ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Add the chicken base and water to a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to dissolve the base into the water. Add the vegetables and freeze-dried shallots; microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain some of the broth into a small nonstick sauté pan and set aside. Add the chicken and stir-fry sauce to the vegetables; stir well. Cover and set aside.
- Consult the package for the spaghetti. In a large pot, bring the noted amount of water to a boil, but omit the salt. Add the pasta, lemon juice, and mustard powder.
- While the pasta cooks, in a small cup or bowl, add a tablespoon of water to the cornstarch and whisk to make a slurry. Bring the reserved broth in the sauté pan to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in the slurry; cook for at least 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat; add the toasted sesame oil to the broth mixture, then whisk again. Pour the thickened broth mixture over the vegetables and chicken; toss to mix. Cover and microwave the chicken-vegetable mixture at 70 percent power for 2 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- Drain the pasta; add it to the chicken-vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Divide among 4 plates.