Easy Chicken Satay With Homemade Peanut Dipping Sauce
This quick and easy chicken dish will keep them coming back for more with its nutty taste and flavorful Asian-style spices.
Serves: 6Prep: 8 hours 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus 1 tsp. for sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6” bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes
- For marinade, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons canola oil, curry powder, garlic and chicken cubes in a large mixing bowl. Cover and marinate all day. Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- Heat broiler to high. Arrange skewers on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat, turning and basting with remaining marinade, about 5 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is broiling, make the peanut sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon canola oil. Add green onions, ginger and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Stirring constantly, add peanut butter. Gradually stir in water and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until well blended. Bring mixture to a boil and let thicken.
- Serve peanut sauce hot or at room temperature with chicken kebabs.