Easy Chicken Vegetable Soup
This soup is healthy and filling without a lot of calories. Itʼs also a very frugal recipe, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry right now. If you like, add some cooked white rice or gluten-free pasta to the soup before serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low-sodium mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low-sodium, gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz.) chunk chicken
- Place onions in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 1–2 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add softened onions, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, and chicken broth to a 2.5-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Thirty minutes prior to serving add chicken and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to warm through. If needed, feel free to add salt and pepper.