Easy Chicken and Vegetables
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 6 oz. mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables with all remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Cover the dish, and bake for 45 minutes or more, until vegetables are tender and chicken is done. Baste chicken twice with the juice during baking.