Easy Chocolate Chip “Ice Cream”
Chocolate chip and peppermint make a classic combination.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the milk in a large bowl. Stir in the peppermint extract. Stir in the sugar and water mixture. Stir in the egg.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes. When the milk is partially frozen, stir in the chocolate chips. Continue freezing for 2 hours. Let thaw briefly before serving.