Easy Chocolate Chip “Ice Cream”
Chocolate chip and peppermint make a classic combination.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⅓ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the milk in a large bowl. Stir in the peppermint extract. Stir in the sugar and water mixture. Stir in the egg.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes. When the milk is partially frozen, stir in the chocolate chips. Continue freezing for 2 hours. Let thaw briefly before serving.