Easy Chocolate Ice Cream
For chocolate purists, this is a perfect showcase for your favorite nibbling chocolate.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 cups light cream, divided
- 3 Tbsp. superfine sugar
- Melt the chocolate, 1 cup of the cream, and the sugar in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- When cool, whisk the remaining cream into the mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- When cold, process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instruction and serve.