Easy Chocolate Snack Cake
Enhance the flavor of this cake by adding lemon juice to the milk before mixing the ingredients.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package sweetened hot chocolate (3 Tbsp.)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Stir in the chocolate. Stir in the vegetable oil, soured milk, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Stir until ingredients are just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.