Easy Cinnamon Apple Shortcakes
Dessert doesn’t have to be complicated! By using canned or leftover biscuits, these shortcakes can be ready in minutes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 prepared biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Halve and brush the prepared biscuits with melted butter. Place on baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- While the biscuits are toasting, in a medium saucepan, melt 1⁄2 cup butter and add brown sugar and cinnamon. Add apples and mix until completely coated. Reduce heat to medium low, stirring once in a while until the apples are completely cooked, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, place a biscuit half on a plate. Top with 1⁄8 of the apple mixture, followed by 1⁄8 of the whipped cream. Add other half of biscuit, repeat with apples and whipped cream. Repeat until all 8 plates are prepared. Drizzle stacks with pan juices.