Easy Cold Cut Bánh Mì
This sandwich is a great way to use up grilled chicken or pork. You can make these sandwiches a few hours in advance if needed, but they taste best when fresh.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 baguette (24 inches), cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices mortadella
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- In a small microwave safe bowl add shredded carrots, sugar, salt, vinegar, and water. Stir well. Place in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Let cool to room temperature, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place baguette pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until crusty. Split baguettes lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Spread mayonnaise on each baguette, then layer in the ham, mortadella, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeño, and carrots. Slice each sandwich in half and serve.