Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. corned beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces on the bias
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and quartered
- 8 pearl onions, peeled
- Rinse the corned beef in cold water. Place in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the chopped onion, garlic, cloves, and bay leaf. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low, cover well, and simmer about 2½ hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the broth and keep warm. Add the vegetables to the broth, bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- To serve, slice the corned beef thinly across the grain. Drain the vegetables and serve with the meat.