Easy Eggplant Parmigiana
This quick and easy version of the Italian classic is easy to make on those nights when time is limited.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir the dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic salt into the spaghetti sauce.
- Layer the eggplant slices flat on the prepared baking pan. Spoon the spaghetti sauce over the top and around the eggplant.
- Cover the eggplant with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven. Uncover and lay the mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.