Easy Falafel Patties
Health food stores sell a vegan instant falafel mix, but it’s not very much work at all to make your own from scratch. Falafel can also be fried in oil for about 5–6 minutes on each side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, well drained
- ½ medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Egg substitute for 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and mash with a fork until coarsely mashed. Combine chickpeas with onion, flour, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and egg substitute, mashing together to combine. Add parsley and cilantro.
- Shape mixture into 2" balls or 1" thick patties and bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until crisp.