Easy Falafel Patties
You can buy a vegan instant falafel mix, but it’s not very much work at all to make your own from scratch. Falafel can also be fried in oil for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, well drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- Egg substitute for 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and mash with a fork until coarsely mashed. Combine chickpeas with onion, flour, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and egg substitute, mashing together to combine. Add parsley and cilantro.
- Shape mixture into 2-inch balls or 1-inch patties and bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until crisp.