Easy Flavored Rice
Cooking rice in broth, juice, or another liquid is a great way to add extra flavor. Feel free to load up the rice by stirring in 1⁄2 cup of golden Sultana raisins.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant long-grain rice
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring the chicken broth, coconut milk, and curry powder to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the rice, making sure it is thoroughly wet. Stir in the butter, salt, and pepper. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and serve.