Easy Fried Rice
Fried rice always tastes best made with cold, cooked rice. Classic Chinese fried rice is made without soy sauce, but you can stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons with the frozen peas if desired.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Lightly beat the egg with a fork. Stir in the salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently.
- Push the rice to the edges of the frying pan. Add the beaten egg in the middle. Use a spatula to scramble the egg. Mix the scrambled egg with the rice.
- Stir in the frozen peas. Stir in the scallion, and cook for another 3 minutes, until heated through. Sprinkle remaining ⅛ teaspoon over rice before serving.