Easy German Apple Pancakes
This healthy version of a German pancake contains plenty of protein-rich eggs, while adding delicious apple flavoring. Orange zest subtly enhances this dish with a surprising hint of citrus.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup peeled, cored, and sliced apple
- 2⁄3 cup white spelt flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a 10-inch oven-safe skillet in the oven to preheat.
- Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest together until well mixed.
- Mix flour into the mixture until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Once the oil is completely melted, pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar while still hot and serve.