Easy Gluten-Free Glazed Lemon Muffins
These muffins are flavored with lemon gelatin dessert. However, if you’re not a fan of gelatin, you can replace it with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon zest and 2 teaspoons of lemon extract.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar or sugar
- ½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp. lemon gelatin (about half of a 3 oz. package)
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, arrowroot starch, salt, baking soda, coconut palm sugar, grated nutmeg, poppy seeds, and gelatin.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the lemon extract, eggs, and almond milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.
- If desired, make a lemon glaze by whisking the ingredients in a small bowl and then drizzling the glaze over the cooled muffins.