Easy Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
This is a popular dish for a pot-luck supper or buffet. If you can’t find gluten-free ditalini, you can substitute another small pasta shape.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 box (2 lbs.) Velveeta cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups uncooked gluten-free ditalini macaroni
- Grease a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pour the milk into the slow cooker.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes. Stir into the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 1–2 hours until cheese is melted.
- Add dry gluten-free pasta. Cover and cook on low for another 45 minutes to an hour, or until the cheese is completely melted and the pasta is al dente. Stir together thoroughly and serve hot.