Easy Gluten-Free Pie Crust
Make this versatile pie crust with gluten-free pancake and baking mix. You’ll use your hands to press the dough into the pie pan rather than a rolling pin. For a prebaked crust, poke the crust several times with a fork and bake it in a 400°F oven for 8–10 minutes, until golden-brown.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp. ice-cold water
- In a medium bowl, cut shortening into baking mix with a pastry blender until it resembles very small peas throughout the dry mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the mix and add the egg yolk and water. Stir together until you have a crumbly mix.
- Tip mixture into a greased 8" or 9" pie pan. Press dough over the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Crimp the edges. The crust is now ready to be used.