Easy Grilled Lobster Tails with Lemon
This is a perfectly elegant dish suited for an anniversary or special occasion.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 frozen uncooked lobster tails (5 oz. each), thawed
- 1 medium lemon, cut in half
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high heat.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside and keep warm.
- Use heavy kitchen shears to split the lobster tails by cutting the length of the underside. Brush the cut side of the tails with 1 tablespoon of the butter sauce.
- Grill the lobsters, cut-side down, for about 4 minutes. Turn them and grill for another 4 minutes. Turn them again to the cut side and grill until the lobster meat is just opaque but still juicy, about 2 minutes. Add the whole lemon halves, cut side down, to the grill for the last 2 minutes. Transfer to plates. Brush the lobster with the butter sauce and serve the remaining sauce in a small ramekin on the side. Squeeze grilled lemons over lobster.