Easy Holiday Ham with Apples and Pineapples
Let the slow cooker make your holiday a lot easier! This holiday ham combines apples and pineapples to add an amount of sweetness that your guests are sure to love.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. whole cloves
- 7 lb. fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 cup apple cider
- Juice and zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1½ cups crushed pineapple
- Spread brown sugar evenly across bottom of slow cooker. Add cloves. Place ham in slow cooker, cut side down. Pour cider and orange juices over ham. Rub zest evenly over the ham.
- In a small bowl add ginger to apples and pineapple and stir to combine. Pour mixture over prepared ham.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours, basting every 30–45 minutes.
- Remove ham from slow cooker, top with juices, and serve hot.