Easy Huevos Rancheros
You can make this dish even easier by using store-bought Mexican tostadas instead of frying corn tortillas.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Working one at a time and using tongs, carefully slip tortillas into oil and fry until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer to a cooling rack lined with paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat oil until it shimmers again; crack eggs into pan and fry until whites are opaque, about 1 minute.
- Place fried tortillas onto plates; spoon salsa over each tortilla, cover with fried egg, a sprinkling of cheese, onion, cilantro, and black pepper.