Easy Jamaican-Spiced Grilled Chicken
This marinated chicken dish is great to make in large quantities for eating throughout the week. It is a fantastic summer dish to cook outside on the grill.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 32 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red wine
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Combine the garlic, ginger, thyme, paprika, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice, and red wine in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and marinate for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and wrap it in aluminum foil. Discard marinade. Place the foil packets on the preheated grill and cook for 12 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from aluminum foil and grill it for an additional 5 minutes.