Easy Lamb Kofta Balls with Yogurt Sauce
These delicious meatballs with a tangy yogurt dip will add an exotic note to any appetizer spread.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed, divided
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1¼ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bag (18 oz.) plain pita chips
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, 1 clove garlic, 1 tablespoons mint, dill, and ¼ tsp. salt. Stir, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, cumin, coriander, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 2 cloves garlic, remaining 3 tablespoons fresh mint, and black pepper. Using your hands, mix until just combined.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining meat until rolled into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through, about 20 minutes. To serve, scoop a teaspoon of yogurt dip onto a pita chip and top with a meatball. Serve hot with extra pita chips and yogurt dip.