Easy Layered Enchiladas
Save time by using flavorful premade carnitas or barbacoa.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 20 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 12 Kroger® Corn Tortillas
- 1 package (16 oz.) Kroger® Seasoned Pork Carnitas or Barbacoa
- 1 package (8 oz.) Kroger® Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Kroger Sour Cream
- Chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8” square baking dished with non-stick spray. Spread ½ cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan, top with a layer of 4 tortillas and other ½ cup of enchilada sauce, cover with half of the shredded meat and ⅓ of the cheese. Top with another 4 tortillas, ½ cup enchilada sauce, remaining meat, another ⅓ of the cheese, 4 tortillas, remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
- Refrigerate leftovers.