Easy Lemon Raspberry Sufganiyot
A quick, convenient way to make this traditional Hanukkah sweet.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 package (7.5 oz.) biscuit dough
- Vegetable oil
- Mix jam and lemon zest together in a small bowl in a small bowl. Transfer mixture to a squeeze bottle or a piping bag fitted with a metal round tip; set aside.
- Line a plate with paper towels; set aside. Place sugar in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Cover a heavy-bottomed pan with 2-3” of oil. Heat oil to 360°F. While frying (see next step), adjust heat as necessary to keep oil temperature between 350-360°F.
- Cut dough into 10 equally sized slices. Taking care not to overcrowd the pan, fry slices 1-3 minutes on each side, until deeply golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Transfer fried sufganiyot to paper-lined plate. Allow them to cool a touch (don’t burn your fingers!).
- When sufganiyot have cooled to slightly warm, roll each in sugar. Use the tip of the squeeze bottle to make a small hole in the top center of each sufganiyah; fill with jam.