Easy Lemon Whip Pie
This pie is as tasty as it is easy! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you have a pie perfect for a party or anytime you want a treat. If you are serving this the next day, wait to grate the lemon zest until just before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ tsp. powdered gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⅓ cups heavy cream, cold
- ½ cup lemon curd
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (9")
- 1 tsp. fresh grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl combine the powdered gelatin and water. Let stand until the gelatin has absorbed all the water, then heat in the microwave for 5-8 seconds, or until just melted. Set aside
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, add the cream and lemon curd. Beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken, about 1-2 minutes, then add the melted gelatin and vanilla and beat on high speed until the mixture forms medium peaks, about 1 minute.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie crust, cover loosely with plastic, and chill for 4 hours. Top with lemon zest just before serving.