Easy, Low-Fat Key Lime Meringue Pie
Premade graham cracker crusts are sold at most grocery stores and make pie making much more doable.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1⁄2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) fat-free condensed milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix Egg Beaters, Key lime juice, and fat-free condensed milk for filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form. Slowly beat in Splenda until stiff but not dry to form the meringue.
- Fold 1⁄4 of the meringue into pie filling. Pour into pie crust. Spread remaining meringue on top of pie, extending to the edge of the crust.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and chill well before serving.