Easy Mac and Meat Casserole
This easy comfort-food classic is always a hit with the whole family.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain.
- In skillet brown ground beef and onion 7 to 10 minutes until meat is fully cooked and onion is soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Stir macaroni into ground beef mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted on top. Serve hot.