Easy Meat Loaf
This simple recipe lets you visit with family or friends while dinner is cooking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. instant tomato and basil soup mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ¾ cup crushed soda cracker crumbs
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Dissolve the soup mix in the boiling water. Lightly beat the egg.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, beaten egg, cracker crumbs, carrot, and parsley and the soup. Mix thoroughly. Add mixture to a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the meat loaf is cooked (the internal temperature of the meat loaf should be 160°F). Let the meat loaf sit for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.