Easy One-Bowl Brownies
These easy brownies go together quickly and without a lot of mess. Most eight to ten year olds can make these by themselves if they have had some experience in the kitchen.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13" × 9" pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter, stirring once a minute, until butter is melted. This should take about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, nuts, and chopped chocolate.
- Spoon into pan, smoothing top. Bake 30–35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.