Easy Pad Thai Noodles
Volumes could be written about Thailand’s national dish. It’s sweet, sour, spicy, and salty all at once, and filled with as much texture and flavor as the streets of Bangkok themselves.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. thin rice noodles
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 block (12 oz.) firm or extra-firm tofu, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cover the noodles in hot water and set aside to soak until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the tahini, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- In a large skillet, fry the tofu and garlic in oil until tofu is lightly golden brown. Add drained noodles, stirring to combine well, and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tahini and ketchup sauce mixture, stirring well to combine. Allow to cook for 3–4 minutes until well combined and heated through. Add scallions and salt and heat 1 more minute, stirring well.