Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Here’s a quick-to-make cookie made from three easy ingredients—it doesn’t get any better than that! These cookies are a great project to make with kids—their tiny hands can easily roll the dough into balls.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the peanut butter and sugar. Once thoroughly mixed, stir in the egg.
- The batter will be very thick and sticky. For small cookies, use a spoon to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of batter, roll it into a ball, and place on the cookie sheet about 1" apart. For large cookies, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a larger ball, and place on the cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Using a fork, flatten cookies and make a crisscross pattern on them. Place in oven and bake for 8–10 minutes until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 2–3 days. Cookies and cookie dough can also be frozen for up to 1 month.