Easy Pickled Summer Squash
Take the pickle out of pickling with this easy-as-can-be recipe. Deliciously seasoned with herbs and spices, these pickles make a great snack or topping to your favorite burger or sandwich.
Serves: 4Prep: 4 hours 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 medium summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In large jar or bowl, combine cilantro, garlic, coriander seed, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, squash and onion.
- In small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring vinegar, water, salt and honey to boil. Pour hot mixture over squash. Cool at room temperature; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.